In every Netgear range extender, SSID broadcast is enabled by default. In this article Netgear tech support experts will help you with the steps to hide or unhide SSID on the Netgear range extender. Read below.
Steps to hide SSID Broadcast
- Ensure the PC/client device is connected to extender network either via wired or wireless connection
- Open the Extender GUI
- If your Extender is using the new Genie UI, you’ll be prompted to enter Email and Password.
- Type the Email and Password that you previously entered during initial Extender setup
- In case your Extender is using the old Genie UI, you’ll be asked for the username and password. The default username is Admin and password is password. In case the default has been changed, kindly enter your new password
- To hide the SSIDs, go to Wi-Fi Settings and uncheck “Broadcast this Network name (SSID)” for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Click Save to save the settings
How to Unhide SSID Broadcast?
If you wish to unhide the SSIDs, simply check the “Broadcast this Network name (SSID)” for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz and click Save.
New Netgear Genie UI
To unhide the SSID just check the “Enable SSID Broadcast” checkbox and click to Apply.
In case of any query related to above steps, please contact Netgear tech support professionals at Icognix. The experts can be reached via email, web chat or by calling on the Netgear tech support toll free number at 1-888-479-2017.