The article by Netgear tech support explains you the steps for initial configuration of your Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender WN3500RP. Once the configuration is done, your range extender will be configured to connect with the existing AirCard Mobile Hotspot wireless network and also also setup the extended wireless network.
A user need to follow the below steps to set up their AirCard Mobile Hotspot with Netgear Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender.
- Power on your Extender. Then wait for the power LED status to turn green.
- On your wireless computer, look for and connect to the NETGEAR_EXT (SSID) wireless network. NETGEAR_EXT is the default name of your Extender’s wireless network.
- Open a web browser window from the same PC and the browser should take you directly to the on-screen NETGEAR genie setup guide.
- The genie will search for existing wireless networks that it is within range of. When the search is complete, a list of wireless networks within range will be displayed. Select the name of your existing wireless network that you want to extend, and click Continue
- If your existing wireless network has wireless security enabled, you will be prompted to enter the passphrase. Enter your router’s Key or Passphrase and click Continue.
- If your router supports the 5 GHz band, select the 5 GHz wireless network of your existing router and click on Continue. Otherwise, select the option “My router does not support 5GHz band” and click on Continue
- After the extender initializes connection with the router, it will now prompt if you want to change the wireless settings of your extender.
- Review the settings and make sure they are correct
- Then connect to the extender network with your wireless computer or device
- After you are successfully connected your wireless computer/device to your extender network, go back to the extender genie screen and check the option “My wireless devices are connected to the Extender network”
- Click on Finish to close setup page.
In case of any query, contact Netgear tech support experts on toll free number at 1-888-479-2017. Call today.