In this article Netgear tech support experts will help with the steps to reinstall the firmware on a Netgear router without the setup CD recovery tool. Before knowing the steps, let us first try to understand the symptoms why such reinstall is needed.
- Router not booting up properly
- Failed firmware update
- Blinking power LED
- Power LED is blinking/solid amber
How to reinstall the firmware?
In the below steps, our Netgear tech support professionals will assist you to reinstall the firmware on a Netgear router without the help of setup CD recovery tool.
- Download the latest firmware for the router. It may download as a .zip file, containing the firmware and some documentation. Unzip it.
- Download the TFTP client software “tftp2.exe”, which can be downloaded from
- To do these downloads, you may be able to access the internet by connecting the computer directly to the cable modem, or you may have to use another router or another internet connection.
- Connect the computer to the router and assign a static IP of the router’s default range (192.168.1.x or 192.168.0.x) on the LAN connection.
- If you ping the router’s IP you should be getting replies now.
- Now run the tftp2.exe file that was downloaded earlier.
- In the Server field, enter the default IP of the router.
- In the Password field, enter the default password of the router.
- In the File field, browse and locate the firmware file that was downloaded earlier.
- Turn the router off for 10 seconds and turn it back on.
- While the router is still in the boot process (i.e. Power light is still ‘amber’) click Upgrade and wait for the process to be completed.
- Once the process is complete, the power light will turn steady green.
In case of Netgear router support, contact the experts on Netgear tech support toll free number at 1-888-479-2017. Contact us today!