We have already explained the “How to Connect Wireless PC to Netgear Router using Windows 8?“ However, in this article our Netgear tech support professionals aim to address the most complex issue – how to manually add a wireless network in Windows 8?
This is important and helpful when connecting to a wireless network that does not broadcast its presence. It may also help when the security type of a wireless network is detected wrongly.
Below are the steps to be followed to manually add a wireless profile in Windows 8.
The following steps are recommended by Netgear tech support experts at Icognix hence you can sure of its correctness and completeness.
- On the Desktop screen, right-click the Wireless Icon located on the lower right hand corner of the screen, and select Open Network and Sharing Center
- Select Set up a new connection or network and click Next
- Select Manually connect to a wireless network and click Next
- Manually enter the required credentials for the wireless network you are trying to add and click Next
- You will get a confirmation that the profile is successfully added. Click Close
Contact on Netgear tech support toll free number at 1-888-479-2017 for queries. You can contact the professionals on web chat or email support. They are available 24×7 in all these mediums.