Wondering how to connect your Netgear cable modem router? We are here to help! Our Netgear tech support team has created this article to list down the steps that will help you connect your Netgear cable modem router correctly.
Activating/Connecting the Netgear Cable Modem Router
Below procedure is recommended by Netgear tech support professionals to connect your cable modem router properly.
- Attempt to self-activate your cable modem at the following websites:
- Cablevision/Optimum: www.optimum.com/home-internet-service/install-internet-service.jsp
- Charter: https://install.charter.com/
- Comcast: www.comcast.com/activate
- Cox: http://activation.cox.net/selfactivation/walled/index.cox
- Time Warner: www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/internet/step-by-step/modem-activation.html
- If self-activation fails or your cable internet service provider (ISP) does not support self-activation, call your cable operator and tell customer service that you are installing a new cable modem bought from a retail store.
- Cablevision/Optimum: www.optimum.com/contactus.jsp
- Charter: 1-888-438-2427
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Cox: 1-888-556-1193
- Time Warner: 1-800-892-4357
- Provide your cable ISP with the modem router’s model number.
- When asked, provide the cable modem’s serial number and MAC address listed on the front page of your installation guide and on the bottom of the cable modem router. If your cable company representative responds with “Your modem router is not supported” – Ask to speak with a Supervisor.
- Wait for the customer service operator to confirm that your device is active.
- If you do not have Internet connection with the cable modem router, ask your ISP to look to see if your cable modem router is online from their side.
Now you’ll be able to enjoy your Internet service with the NETGEAR cable modem router.
Still Need help. Call our experts @