In our last article, we explain how to Synchronize Orbi router and Satellite. Here we are giving infomation on to Setup Orbi Wi-fi system to work with Fios.
Netgear is an American networking company that has a vast array of products including network switches, routers and modems; wired and wireless. The company covers three areas namely retail, commercial and service provider with state-of-the-art technology. Every product manufactured by Netgear passes the utmost quality testing ensuring a seamless performance for a longer time.
The company caters to the needs of both individuals and business owners by providing them only the best network devices. Apart from this, Netgear also has the most effective after-sales service, the Netgear support number which is available round-the-clock to help customers with any issue that might be affecting a Netgear product.
Do you want to setup your Orbi Wi-Fi system to work with Fios?
Have you been trying to connect Orbi Wi-Fi system with Fios and been unsuccessful? No need to worry as the experts at Netgear support line will offer you guidance on how to successfully pair Orbi and Fios.
Fios is a bundled internet access, television and telephone service operating over fiber-optic communication network. In order to make your Orbi Wireless system to work seamlessly with Fios, you will have to use Orbi as an access point by following the steps mentioned below.
- First, turn off the Verizon Fios wireless network.
- Set up your Orbi router in AP mode.
Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the guide below:
Guide on setting up Orbi Wi-Fi system with Fios
How to turn off Verizon Fios Network
- Launch your web browser from any computer or mobile device connected to Verizon Fios router.
- Enter 192.168.1.1. This will display a login window.
- Enter your user name and password. In case you have not logged in to the Fios router then you will be prompted to create a new username and password.
- Next, on the Main page click on Wireless Settings then on Basic Security Settings.
- Under Turn Wireless ON click on Off.
- Now, at the bottom of the page click on Apply.
How to setup Orbi Wi-Fi in AP mode
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Internet port of your Orbi router to the LAN port on your Verizon Fios router.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your Orbi network.
- In the address bar, enter orbilogin.com.
- Enter the Orbi router user name and password. The default username is admin and password is password. Kindly remember that both the username and password are case-sensitive.
- Next, the basic home page will be displayed.
- Select ADVANCED then Advanced Setup and then Router/AP Mode. This will display the Router/AP mode page.
- Next, select the AP Mode check box.
- Now, select the radio button for the IP address setting that you want to use:
- Get dynamically from existing router. Your Verizon Fios router that is on the network assigns an IP address to your Orbi router while your Orbi router is in AP mode.
- Enable fixed IP settings on this device (not recommended). Use this setting if you want to manually assign a specific IP address to your Orbi router while it is in AP mode.
- Click the Apply button. The IP address of the Orbi router will change and you will be disconnected.
- To reconnect, close and restart your browser and enter orbilogin.com.
Note: In order to avoid any interference with other router or gateways in the network, it is recommended to use different Wi-Fi settings. The Netgear tech support recommend to turn off the Wi-Fi radio on the Verizon Fios router and use only Orbi router for Wi-Fi access.
However, if you are unable to link your Orbi Wi-Fi system to Fios; contact the Netgear tech support experts via Netgear customer support number 1-888-479-2017 . You can also write about your issue to us at firstname.lastname@example.org