Wireless Schedule feature is present in Netgear Nighthawk routers and it lets you create a schedule to automatically turn off the WiFi when you don’t need it. For example, if you don’t want to use WiFi at night then you can create a schedule to turn off the WiFi at night. Internet will work on the devices connected to router via Ethernet port, only WiFi will be turned off. It is a very handy feature and eliminates hassle of turning off WiFi if you do it on regular basis. If you have kids for example and you want WiFi to be turned off or whatever else the reason maybe,
Netgear Tech Support recommends you to use this feature.
This Netgear Tech Support article will guide you on how to use Wireless Schedule feature.
Follow steps below to configure this feature:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Go to www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com or enter the IP address of the router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted. Default username is admin and default password is password. If you have changed your username and password and have forgotten them, you have to reset the router.
- After logging in to router’s configuration page, go to ADVANCED > Wireless Settings > Add a new period.
- Select a start and end period of the schedule under When to turn off wireless signal.
- Select the days in which you want this pattern to repeat. You can repeat this daily by selecting Daily radio button.
- Click on Apply button to save your settings.
Wireless Schedule is now configured on your router and will work accordingly.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Netgear Technical Support. Call on Netgear Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.