To connect to the internet, first thing you need to do is configure your modem as per your ISP so that it can connect to the internet. Any router or any other device then can be connected to the modem for the further distribution of the internet in the network. If your modem is not configured, you will be unable to access the internet into your network.
This TP-Link Technical Support article will help you in setting up your modem.
Do note that this article is only for the VDSL modem and not the ADSL modem. Contact your ISP to confirm what connection type to use if you do not know about this.
Follow the following steps to setup your modem:
- Connect your modem to the computer via Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser of your choice from that computer and go to the IP address of the modem which can be found at the bottom label of the modem.
- Enter the username and password when prompted. Default username can also be found on that same label on the bottom of the modem.
- After the configuration page appears, go to Quick Setup on the left side of the page and click Next.
- Select your country and the time zone and click next.
- You may find the option to choose between xDSL Modem Router Mode and Wireless Router Mode. Choose the xDSL Modem Router Mode and click Next.
- From the ISP list, select your ISP. If you can’t find it, then select others and click next. If you have selected the others then choose the L2 Interface Type as VDSL and click Next.
- Now choose the connection type you want to make. Contact your ISP if you are not sure what connection you should use. Click Next.
- Enter the username and password provided by the ISP and click Next.
- Now setup your Wireless Network as of your requirements and click Next. TP-Link Technical Support suggests you to use an encryption on to your wireless network if you are using one.
- Your modem should now be connected and should show connected as the Status. If it does not, then go to Network > DSL Settings >select VDSL2 and click save. This should help. If it does not, please contact your ISP.
Your modem should now be connected to the internet. If you are facing any issues, please contact to TP-Link Technical Support. Call on TP-Link Technical Support at 1877-777-8906 (Toll Free) for more details.