To access the configuration page of your router, you need a username and password. Usernames are not easily forgotten as they are easy to remember but password can be forgotten sometimes as they are unique and contain alphabets, numbers and special characters which make them slip from our brains sometimes.
You can use Password Recovery to recover your password by answering the questions which you have chosen. The setup process is fairly easy and small. The Netgear Nighthawk Support suggests you to use this feature or the only method of logging in again without your password is to reset the router. Resetting your router will set the router to factory settings and you will have to setup the router again which can be a time taking process.
This Netgear Technical Support article will guide you the setup process and will guide you on how to use the Password Recovery feature on Netgear Routers.
To setup the Password Recovery, follow these steps:
- Open the web browser and go to http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net or enter the IP address of the router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password > Enable Password Recovery.
- Choose any two security questions and answer them. These questions will be asked to you while recovering your password.
- Click Apply.
Password Recovery is now set up on your Netgear Router.
To recover password, follow these steps:
- Type http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net.
- Click Cancel when the login screen appears.
- Now you will be asked the serial number of the router which can be found on the label of the router.
- Click Continue and answer the questions when asked.
- After giving the correct answers, a screen with recovered password will appear.
- Use this password to login to your router.
If you are facing any issues, please contact to Netgear Technical Support. Call on 1888-479-2017(Toll Free) for more details.