If you use iTunes as your primary media player at your house, then Netgear Tech Support suggests you to set up an iTunes server on your Netgear Nighthawk Router. It will let you share the media which is stored on the storage connected to the router across the devices connected to the router. The computers should have the iTunes installed to use this feature. Both Windows and MAC computers can use this server. This will eliminate the need to store your music library in all of your home computers. All of your music library will be stored at single place saving memory in all of your computers.
This Netgear Tech Support article will guide you on how to setup iTunes Server on your Netgear Nighthawk Router.
Follow steps below to set up the iTunes Server:
- Connect the hard-drive to the router which has your music library.
- USB LED will light up after sometime which means that the router has identified the hard-disk successfully.
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Enter the IP address of the router or go to www.routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to ADVANCED > USB Functions > ReadySHARE Storage > Media Server.
- Click on Enable iTunes Server (Music Only) check box to enable it.
- Enter the Server name in the Media Server Name field. This name will be displayed in iTunes.
- Click on the Apply button to save your settings.
- 1To access your music library from iTunes, click on icon and select your router. All of your songs stored in your hard-drive which is connected to the router will be displayed.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Netgear Tech Support. Call on Netgear Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.