Guest network is a feature present in D-Link Routers which lets devices connect to it for accessing the internet. There is no need for the devices to connect to the main network. Guest network works in parallel to the main network and it is only used for the internet sharing. All other things are disabled in the guest network.
D-Link Tech Support recommends you to use this feature in case of having visitors at your place like when you throw a party at your place, people can use your guest network instead of the main network which will add up to the security.
This D-Link Tech Support article will guide you through the process of setting up guest network on your D-Link Router.
Follow steps below to set up guest mode:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router and enter the IP address of the router. The default IP address is 192.168.0.1.
- Now enter the username and password to log in.
- Go to ADVANCED > GUEST ZONE.
- Click on the Enable Guest Zone check box to enable it.
- Now select the band and schedule that when should the guest network should be enabled.
- Enter the SSID of the guest mode.
- You can either enter the password for added security or you can keep it open by adding no password which will let everyone use it. D-Link Tech Support recommends to setup a password and use WPA-Personal security type.
- Now click on Save Settings button to save your settings.
- The guest mode is now configured on your D-Link Router.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to D-Link Tech Support. Call on D-Link Tech Support toll free number at 1-888-479-2017.