DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name System) assigns computer a fixed domain name without changing the DHCP configuration. Even though it assigns a fixed domain name, it does not assign a static IP address which makes it safe from hackers.
Belkin Tech Support recommends you to use this feature if you want to access your network remotely. You can use the same domain name which you have registered to access your network from anywhere around the world as long as your network is connected to the internet. Services like DynDNS and NoIP will provide you DDNS service. Belkin routers only support DynDNS and No-IP. You must sign up and opt to their service before configuring your router by visiting their website www.dyndns.org or www.noip.com.
This Belkin Tech Support article will guide you on how to configure DDNS on your router.
Follow steps below to configure your router:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Go to http://router or enter the IP address of the router. Default IP address of the router is 192.168.2.1.
- Enter the password when prompted. Leave password field blank for default password.
- From the Dashboard, go to Advanced Settings > Firewall and click on DDNS.
- Under DDNS tab, select the DDNS service provider you are using.
- Enter the account details like username, password and domain name in their respective fields.
- Click on the Save button to save our settings.
DDNS service is now configured in your router and should now work accordingly. If you are unable to set it up, make sure that you have entered the correct account details.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Belkin Tech Support. Call on Belkin Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.