One thing Netgear Technical Support really suggests is to set up your nighthawk router in bridge mode. With bridge mode you have many advantages that one must use to take full advantage of their speedy router as bridge mode allows multiple devices to connect to the router wirelessly which can make use of all that bandwidth that one has. Bridge mode disables the NAT (Network Address Translation) feature on the router and allows to function as a DHCP server without IP conflict.
This Netgear Nighthawk Technical Support article will guide you to all the steps you need to setup your router in bridge mode.
Some Advantages of installing your nighthawk router as bridge are:
- Use gigabit Wi-Fi for video and gaming.
- You can take full advantage of gigabit Wifi speeds on current devices.
- Connect multiple devices like NAS, computers, mobiles, gaming consoles, smart TVs etc without IP conflict.
- No need for separate Wi-Fi adapters for each device.
Setting up Bridge Mode:
- Launch an internet browser of your choice on the computer which is connected to the network.
- Go to http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- Enter the username and password when asked. The default username is admin and default password is password.
- Go to ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings.
- Select use other operation mode.
- Now select Enable Bridge mode.
- Click on setup bridge mode wireless settings.
- Mention the wireless settings of the main router to which this router will connect.
- Select the wireless network of your choice.
- In the Name/SSID field, enter the name of wireless network.
- In the Security option section, select the encryption of your choice.
- Enter the password if prompted.
- Click Apply. The settings for the other router are saved now and the Advanced Wireless Settings screen will display.
- Click Apply.
Your router is now successfully configured in bridge mode.
If you are having any issues or doubts, please contact to Nighthawk Technical Support. You can contact on Netgear technical support number at 1-888-479-2017 (Toll free).