Sometimes it is to required to provide high network bandwidth to some specific applications which we use regularly. So, we can easily use this feature in Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers. Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account ensures that users are able to maximize the bandwidth allocation for their favourite applications and services. The Media Prioritization Tool allows you to provide priority on the devices or applications that will be given more bandwidth for best utilization of your network. Aside from applications or devices, you can also add online games that you want to have higher bandwidth priority. So, for the users who stream videos and music, it is recommended to place the application in the High Priority section for better streaming experience.
Linksys Tech Support wants to suggest you to make sure that the Prioritization button is enabled before doing anything else.
This Linksys Tech Support article will guide you for setting applications or online games to higher bandwidth priority using a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account:
Follow these steps:
- Firstly, access your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account using your credentials.
- Now select the Media Prioritization option from the drop down menu of Smart Wi-Fi Tools option.
- Select an application from the drop down list.
- Now, click on the tool element just beside the Applications dropdown list.
- Drag and drop the applications from the Normal Priority list to the High Priority section. Here, you can use the orders 1, 2 or 3 with the applications to determine which priority you want to use.
- Now, click on OK.
So, the bandwidth prioritization of the applications has been successfully done using the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Linksys Tech Support. Call on Linksys Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.