A modem is a device that forwards the data packets from one network to another network. It is commonly connected to two networks which are connected to each other via modem. The modem connects your LAN network to the ISP network. This is how your LAN network which is created by the router gets the internet connectivity. To get the internet connection, you need to configure your modem according to your ISP and then you can connect your router to your modem to get the internet connectivity to the devices which are connected to the router.
This Netgear Technical Support article will guide you through the process of setting up your modem.
Follow these steps to configure your modem:
- Connect your modem to the computer via Ethernet cable and connect the phone cable to your modem.
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the modem and go to http://www.routerlogin.com or enter the IP address of the modem. IP address can be found on the tag below the modem.
- Enter the username and password when prompted. Default username and password can also be found on the tag below the modem.
- A configuration page will appear. Go to Basic settings under Setup.
- Under Encapsulationfield, select the internet connection type.
- Now enter the username and password which is provided by the ISP.
- Select Get Dynamically from ISP under the Internet IP address field or enter the Static IP if provided by the ISP.
- Under Domain Name Server field, select Get Automatically From ISP or enter the static DNS if provided by the ISP.
- Click apply and your page should refresh.
- Now go to ADSL settings.
- Select the multiplexing method which is used by your ISP. Contact your ISP for this detail.
- Enter the VPI and VCI values of your ISP. These values are different for different ISPs. Contact them to find what values your ISP uses.
- Click Apply.
Your modem is now successfully configured and should work fine now. To check if the modem is connected to the internet and is working fine, go to Maintenance > Router Status. If there is a valid IP address under the IP address section, then your modem is connected to the internet and is working fine. The internet light on your modem will also turn green which means that you are connected to the internet.
Read our another article on Using WPS/Push ‘n’ connect feature on your Netgear wireless routers
If you are facing any issues, please contact to Netgear Technical Support. @ 1-888-479-2017
Netgear technical support number.