Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app is a very amazing feature provided by the Linksys services. You can easily manage your router settings using the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app from a remote location. Restarting your router is generally turning it OFF and then ON. Here, the wireless devices will disconnect from the router but will reconnect automatically once the router is ready and the devices find the network. Restarting is different from resetting, as resetting restores your router to the state it was when you took it out of its box, requiring you to go through the setup process again while in restart, all the settings are maintained. Restart is a most common method to restore communication for a modem or router. Linksys Tech Support wants to inform you that while the router is restarting, all the connected devices will lose their internet connection and will automatically reconnect when the router is ready again.
This Linksys Tech Support article will guide how to restart your router using the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app in case you encounter router or modem connected issues:
Follow these steps:
- Firstly, on your mobile device, tap the Linksys Smart WI-FI app option.
- Now, Log in to your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account using your credentials.
- Tap the Menu icon present across the top left-hand side of the Dashboard to access the Menu.
- In the Menu option, Tap on the Router Administration option.
- Under the Router Administration, Tap on the Restart Router option present at the bottom of the screen.
So, after this your router will restart as per your given instructions.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Linksys Tech Support. Call on Linksys Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.