The article by Netgear technical support experts provide remedies to overcome the problem of manual setup of Netgear Wifi Extender.
In order to connect the Netgear Wifi extender manually do the following:
If you have a NETGEAR Wifi Extender with an Ethernet port (EX6100, for example):
- Use a computer to connect to NETGEAR Wifi Extender via Ethernet cable.
- Login to the web user interface of your NETGEAR Wifi Extender using http://myWiFiext.net.
You will be prompted to enter a username and password.
Default login credentials are:
o Username: admin
o Password: password
Note: Username and password are case sensitive.
- Once you have successfully logged in, go to Setup > Wireless Settings.
- Check the value in the Password (Network Key) field under Security Options.
If the password is not same as your Access Point (AP) password, change it so it matches your Access Point password.
- Click Apply. (Extender and AP password need to match)
- Reconnect your Wi-Fi devices to the NETGEAR Wifi Extender using either the WPS button or manual connection.
In case if the above steps don’t work, please contact Netgear technical support professionals on Netgear tech support toll free number at 1-888-479-2017.