Netgear Routers can be remotely accessed using the remote access feature. You can access the configuration page of your router and can change any setting of your router using this feature no matter where you are in the world. All you need is a remote access account and a supported device. You can use iOS device, Android device or Windows device to remotely access your router.
Netgear Router Support suggests you to use this feature as it gives a great control over your network from anywhere in the world. But for security reasons, it is advised to turn off this feature when you do not need it.
This Netgear Router Support article will guide you on how to remotely access your Netgear router using an iOS device.
Netgear Router Support suggests you to update your router’s firmware before proceeding.
To make a remote access account, follow these steps:
- Go to www.netgear.com/genie to download and install the application into your device.
- Connect your device to your router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the application and touch the Login button.
- From Options, select Remote access.
- Touch the Don’t have an ID? Sign up button and enter the required fields and touch Sign up button.
- A confirmation link will be sent to you to the Email address you have provided. Click on that link to confirm your account.
Now you can use this remote access account to remotely access your Netgear router from any supported devices
Follow these steps to remotely access your router after you have registered a remote access account:
- Connect your iOS device to any network.
- Launch the genie iOS application.
- On the home screen of the application, touch the Login button.
- Touch Options button on the top of the application and select Remote Access.
- Now enter the username and password of your Netgear remote access account and touch Login button.
- A list of registered devices will appear. Select your router.
- Now enter the username and password of the configuration page of your router.
- A Cloud icon will display which means that you can now access your Netgear router from you iOS device remotely.
If you have any questions, please contact to Netgear Router Support. Call on Netgear
Router Support toll free number at 1-888-479-2017.