Netgear is an American networking company which has earned itself a trustworthy name when it comes to manufacturing high-quality network connection devices for internet users worldwide. Utilizing only the latest state-of-the-art technologies such as Wi-Fi, LTE, Ethernet and powerline; every product of the company passes quality testing before being put on the shelf. The company caters to the needs of both individuals and business owners with world-class services and products.
The wide array of network connection devices manufactured by Netgear includes network switches, network-based storage device and Prosafe Switches. However, the best products include routers and modems both wired and wireless. Apart from the wide array of products, Netgear also offers a highly competent and skilled team known as Netgear technical support. The experts at the Netgear support are available 24*7 to help customers with any issue that may interrupt the functioning of any Netgear product.
Recently I came to know about CSRF, XSRF and XSS attacks. How can Netgear router support help me with this issue?
Cross-site request forgery (CSRF and XSRF) take advantage of the website trust in the user’s internet browser. Whenever a user is logged into a website, an attacker sends a request pretending to be the user even when the user is not online. A typical situation can be that the user is logged online, the attacker will send a request to post a virus infected download that will make it look like the user has sent it. Using this the attacker could gain access to personal information or request the user to transfer money into their account.
In order to protect your computer and the data inside it against these attacks; kindly follow the guidelines as prepared by the highly efficient staff of Netgear router technical support.
Guide on handling CSRF, XSRF and XSS attacks
- Always log out of websites when you are done with your online work. This should be done particularly if you are using any site that directs or accepts payments or stores sensitive data.
- Do not open any email message with attachments if you do not know the sender.
- Don’t open attachments that aren’t trustworthy or which you didn’t request.
- Be aware of mass email messages that often have pictures, links, or attachments, even if these come from known contacts. Always remember, Email accounts can always be compromised using a virus program.
- Always keep your web browser up to date. Do not use a web browser that does not receives updates from the developer.
- Never allow your web browser to save any passwords or other login information.
However, if you are unable to ward off these attacks then contact the Netgear customer tech support experts via Netgear tech support number 1-888-479-2017