Security is the biggest concern in today’s technologically advanced time. We are aware of the security problems that can expose Web GUI login passwords while the recovery feature is disabled. The risk increases when the intruder/attacker can access the internal network or when the remote management is enabled on the router.
If you are somebody looking to download the firmware of R6400 Firmware version 220.127.116.11 released that reduces the password recovery exposure/risk, read the below instructions/steps by Netgear technical support experts.
In order to download and install, read the following guide:
1. Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to re-enter them manually.
2. Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop. The filename after extracting is R6400-V18.104.22.168_1.0.16.chk
3. Log in to the router using a Web browser.
4. Click ADVANCED tab > Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
5. Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
6. Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step
Once you are done following the above procedures, take care of the important notes listed down by Netgear technical support team. Read on.
1. How to know whether the upgrade process is completed?
It is done when the on screen progress bar completes. If power LED light turns amber and blinking, power cycle the router to finish the upgrade
2. If the upgrade progress bar on web GUI doesn’t display correctly during firmware upgrade, you can still check the status using Power LED. The Power LED should be blinking (amber) during firmware upgrade. After firmware upgrade is done and boots up the system, it changes to steady amber colour.
*Very Important: DO NOT shutdown or reboot the device while upgrading the firmware. Read our article on “How to upgrade firmware manually“ or “How to Upgrade firmware automatically“ Else, it may cause to a corrupt firmware and cause the device not to work.
In case of any problem, contact Netgear technical support experts on toll free number at 1-888-479-2017. The experts are available 24×7 for technical help at an affordable price. They can be reached via call, web chat or email message. All of these will be answered quickly.
Additionally, one don’t need to pay extra charge for support assistance during odd hours. The experts offer onsite and online Netgear technical support; it depends on nature of the problem.