Netgear Router Support 1-888-479-2017
How do I set up my router is one of the most common questions one will hear every now and then. Every wireless router typically comes with an in-the-box instruction booklet for set up. The instructions differ from brand to brand. While it comes with set up instruction detailing, expert support is essential for proper and complete installation.
If you own a Netgear router, your Netgear customer service executive might recommend you to have a PC with a network adapter, as well as an active high-speed Internet connection.
Steps to setup a router
Installing a router allow your devices (computer, laptop, mobile phone etc.) to connect to the internet anytime anywhere in the house.
Routers come in different shapes and sizes, and of different brands. Before buying a router, one should compare features to choose the right router suiting your preference. Netgear routers are named as the best router due to its economical price, easy installation and reliable Netgear tech support.
Below is the typical router setup process:
Initially, you need to set up a router. The instruction booklet will explain you everything from start to end. Netgear routers comes with excellent Netgear technical support, they help their customers throughout the process.
In order to configure your router for cable internet connection follow the below tips:
- Connect your modem to the internet port of the Netgear router and your PC to any of the four LAN ports.
- Once you are done with Step 1, switch on and off the computer, router and modem. Wait for them all to complete booting up.
- Open a browser and type the router IP address in the address bar and hit the ENTER button
- As soon as you press the Enter button, a login window pops up, prompting you to enter your username and password.
- In case of any additional assistance, you can always contact Netgear router support for help in login or related queries.
- You may enter default login credentials as below:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
*Users must note that the username and password are case sensitive. Be careful while entering the log in details.