The fastest and the simplest problems involving Linksys routers is to Powercycle the device. If even you are stuck with this, do the following:
- power OFF the router, unplug the power cord
- wait for 10 seconds before plugging it back in
In case if the issue remains unresolved, you may then follow the below steps recommended by Linksys tech support professionals.
Problem # 1 – Dropping/Intermittent wireless connectivity
Solution – There are several reasons why you encounter poor signal issue. Below are the solutions to it.
- The placement of your wireless device is the key to having a good signal from your router. Place your router in an open and strategic area
Problem # 2 – Slow downloads
Solution – It may be due to the IPv6 feature on your computer. One of the solutions may be disabling IPv6.
Problem # 3 – Slow upload
Solution – You may need to set your router’s Quality of Service (QoS) as recommended by Linksys tech support experts.
Problem # 4 – Forgot the wireless settings of the router
Solution – It is important to know the wireless settings of the router. There are four ways to check the wireless settings of the Linksys router:
– Web-based setup page
– Linksys Connect
– Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
– Computer’s operating system (OS)
Problem # 5 – Unable to access the router’s web-based setup page
Solution – The Linksys router’s web-based setup page can be accessed using a wired or wireless computer. To do this, enter the router’s default IP address “192.168.1.1” on your web browser’s address bar. Then, a user login appear asking you to enter a username and password. You may leave the username blank and the password is admin.
But in some cases, there are times when the user still finds it difficult to access the router’s web-based setup page. It may due to:
- The router’s IP address has been changed
- The router’s password has been changed
- The router’s firmware needs to be upgraded
- There is no network connection with the router
- The computer’s firewall may be blocking the connection
In case of any issue with your Linksys router or any of the product from this brand, you should contact online Linksys tech support. They can be contacted on email support, web chat and toll free number on 1-888-479-2017. The professionals can be reached even at the oddest without extra ch