In order to troubleshoot the issue of poor signal you need to follow the below steps recommended by Netgear Tech Support professionals.
- Adjust the placement of your router
- Adjust the antennas on the router
- Determine the optimum wireless channel
After you determine an optimum wireless channel for your 5GHz band, a new channel can be selected in the NETGEAR genie web interface for your router:
- Connect a computer to the NETGEAR router and launch a web browser.
- Visit http://www.routerlogin.com. If http://www.routerlogin.com does not work, try the following:
- You are prompted to enter a username and password. Enter the following default login credentials:
Note: Username and password are both case sensitive.
o Username: admin
o Password: password
Note: If the default login credentials do not work, you might have changed the admin password. If you cannot remember your new password, you must perform a factory reset to restore the router to its factory default settings.
NETGEAR genie web interface home page displays.
- Under BASIC, click Wireless. The Wireless Setup page displays.
- Under Wireless Network (5GHz a/n/ac), select the desired Channel from the drop-down list.
- Click Apply.
- Reboot your router and reconnect your device to the 5GHz network. The new channel will help achieve optimum performance.
In case if the above steps don’t work, please contact Netgear Technical Support professionals immediately on Netgear Tech Support number at 1-888-479-2017.