If you want to limit the internet access for devices on your network or if you want to block the access to certain websites for devices on your network, Parental Control Feature is what you need to configure on your Belkin router. This feature will let you limit the access of the internet or block websites for the devices on your network.
Belkin Tech Support recommends you to use this feature if you have kids and you want to limit their internet access instead of just shutting down your router. This way you can use your network as normal but devices which you have blocked to access certain sites or even internet will be limited.
This Belkin Tech Support article will guide you how to configure Parental Control Feature on your Belkin router using dashboard.
Follow steps below:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Go to http://router or enter the IP address of the router. Default IP address of your router is 192.168.2.1.
- Click on Parental Internet Control button. If you cannot find it then click on Advanced Settings button below and then you will find Parental Internet Control button.
- You will be prompted for the password. Enter your router’s password and click on Let me in! button to proceed.
- On the Parental Internet Control page, you will be able to find all kind of settings for the devices connected to your router. If device is not connected to your router, then it will not show up on the list.
- Select a device and toggle the blocked/unblocked button to turn the Parental Internet Control feature for the device on or off.
- You can set the time and days at which the device will not be able to access the internet.
- Click on Save button to save your settings.
Note that this feature will not work if the device is connected via VPN or is using a Proxy.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Belkin Tech Support. Call on Belkin Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.