The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Reservation feature in your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router is used to assign a specific IP address to the local devices present in your network. When a device reconnects to the network, then every time a new IP address is assigned to that device and it keeps on changing again and again. So, this problem can be solved by using DHCP Reservation feature. You can reserve a specific IP address for each device, so every time when a device connects to the network then it will be assigned with the same IP address that has been already reserved for it. So, you can easily remember the IP address of your devices.
Linksys Tech Support suggests you to use the IP address within the DHCP Reservation range.
This Linksys Tech Support article will guide you to configure DHCP Reservation using your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account:
Follow these steps:
- Open your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account.
- Click on Connectivity and then click on the Local Network tab.
- In Local Network tab, select DHCP Server option.
- Under DHCP Server, click on DHCP Reservations.
- A list of devices connected to your network will be shown. Select the device you want to add and click on Add DHCP Reservation.
- Click on Save.
- To save the changes you have made click on OK.
Now, if your device connects to the network then every time it will be assigned with the same IP address that has been reserved for it.
If the device you want to add is not listed then you can manually add a device to the DHCP Reservation list by clicking on manually add device reservation.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Linksys Tech Support. Call on Linksys Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.