Quality of Service (QoS) is a feature present in Linksys Routers which is used to prioritize devices, applications or services so that you can use up all the bandwidth available to you in a more efficient way.
For example, if you like to play games but you also want to download something in the background to save your time, using QoS, you can set higher priority to gaming and low priority to the application which you are using to download data. This will greatly reduce the lags in the games which would have been pretty large without QoS.
You can also prioritize your devices. For example, you can assign higher priority to your computer and less priority to your child’s computer so that your computer gets more bandwidth than his computer.
This Linksys Router Support article will guide you on how to configure QoS on your Linksys Router.
Linksys Router Support suggests you to use this feature as it can greatly help in optimizing your network. Keep in mind that the devices, applications and services with low priority will get less speeds when being used with devices or application which are prioritized higher. So a bad configured QoS can also degrade the overall performance. Make a note of applications and devices that you have and prioritize them according to your needs.
To Enable and configure QoS on your Linksys Router, follow steps below:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router and enter the IP address of your router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to Applications & Gaming > QoS.
- Click on Enable radio button on the Internet Access Policy Priority.
- From the drop down menu, select the option on the basis of which you will setup the priority of your devices.
- If you use the MAC address for example, you have to enter the MAC address of the device. Enter the name of your device for your convenience.
- Select the priority from the drop down menu in Priority section.
- You can add more devices using the same procedure.
- Click on Save Settings button to save your settings.
QoS is now enabled and configured on your Linksys Router.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Linksys Router Support. You can call on Linksys router support toll free number at 1-888-479-2017 for help. Call now!