To keep your network optimized, you should have the full knowledge of your network and all of the devices which are part of it. you should know how many and which devices are connected to a router or range extender, you should know the IP address of the router, you should know what channel is being used or what band is being used for wireless network. All this information is necessary for keeping a network optimized. Linksys Tech Support suggests you to keep track of such things. This information makes troubleshooting a lot easier and also prevent future problems in the network.
This Linksys Tech Support article will guide you on how to check the status of your Linksys Range Extender. In this article we are taking RE6000 series range extender as an example. The procedure for all other series of range extenders will almost be the same.
Follow steps below:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the range extender.
- Go to http://extender.linksys.com and enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to Status in the Left navigation pane.
- Under Device Info, you can get information of your range extender like it’s IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and Connection type which is being used by range extender.
- Under Ethernet Statistics, you can check what devices are connected to the range extender via Ethernet Cable.
- Under WLAN Statistics, you can get all the information of your wireless network like the SSID of the network, MAC address of the extender, bands in use, channel in use, security type, signal strength, WPS status and a lot more.
If you are a network admin, you must know all these things to keep your network healthy and running.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Linksys Tech Support. Call on Linksys Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.