Security is a must for wireless networks. It keeps your network safe from unauthorised people and saves your network from various attacks, saves your important data and much more. This is why D-Link Tech Support recommends to use an encryption type on your wireless network. WPA2 is latest and strongest encryption of them all. It provides great security but it may not work with older devices. To use the WPA2 encryption, your device must support it. if it does not, you need to change your wireless network’s encryption.
WEP is also a type of encryption. It is old and old devices support it. You can use this encryption for your older devices. This D-Link Tech Support will guide you on how to change your wireless network’s encryption type easily.
To change your wireless network’s encryption type, follow steps below:
- Open a browser from a computer which is connected to the router.
- Go to http://dlinkrouter/, http://dlinkrouter.local/ or enter the IP address of the router. Default IP address of the router is 192.168.0.1.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to SETUP > WIRELESS SETTINGS.
- Click on the Manual Wireless Network Setup button which should be on the bottom of the page.
- Under WIRELESS SECURITY MODE section, choose the encryption you want to use from the drop down menu.
- Enter the desired key and click on Save Settings button to save your settings.
D-Link Tech Support strongly recommend to use WPA2 encryption for better security. Use WEP only if your older devices do not support it because it is easy to crack when compared to WPA2.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to D-Link Tech Support. Call on D-Link Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017