Backup and Restore feature is present in Linksys routers which let user backup the current configuration of the router and restore the configuration from the backup file previously made whenever they want. It is a handy feature in situations where you need to reset your router to factory settings. Reconfiguring the router again is a bit time consuming but by using this feature, your router will be up and running in no time just like it did before.
Linksys Router Support recommends to keep a backup file for your router settings as you can use it if suddenly something goes wrong with your router and you need to reset it.
This Linksys Router Support article will guide you on how to use Backup and Restore feature in Linksys Routers.
Linksys Router Support suggests you to check for a firmware upgrade for the router before proceeding.
Backup and restore configuration
To backup your configuration settings, follow steps below:
- Launch a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router and enter the IP address of the router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to Administration > Management.
- At the bottom of the page, click on Backup Configurations button.
- A window will appear which will ask for the location where it will save the backup file.
- Browse to the location where you want to save the file and click on Save button to save the file.
- The backup file will be saved on that location and can be used later to restore the settings whenever user wants.
- To restore settings from the previously created backup file, follow steps below:
- At the bottom of the page, click on Restore Configurations button.
- A windows will appear asking the location of the backup file which you will use to restore the settings.
- Select the file and click on Start to Restore button to restore the settings from that file.
Do not disconnect the router from the computer or turn of the router until the restoration completes or it may damage your router.
If you are facing any problems, please contact to Linksys Router Support. Call on 1-888-479-2017 for assistance.