This article by Netgear tech support expert provides instructions for connecting the Playstation 3 to your wireless home network. This article assumes your wireless network is configured and functioning correctly.
To connect PlayStation 3 to your wireless home network:
- Turn your PlayStation 3 on. You will need a controller to navigate through the PS3 menus.
- From the PS3 Home menu, select Settings > Network Settings and press the “X” button on your controller.
- Under Network Settings, select Internet Connection, press the X button on your controller, then select [Enabled].
- Now scroll to Internet Connection Settings and press the “X” button.
- You will see the following message appear on the screen: “If you perform Internet connection settings, the system will be disconnected. Do you want to continue?” Select Yes and then press the “X” button.
- When prompted to select a setting method, choose Easy and press the “X” button.
- When prompted to choose between a wired or wireless connection, select “Wireless” and press the “X” button.
- On the WLAN Settings screen, select Scan and press the “X” button. This will return a screen with all of the available wireless networks. Under SSID, look for the name of your wireless home network, select it, and press the “X” button.
- The PS3 confirms the SSID (wireless home network name).
- If you have selected the correct SSID, press the right button and continue to step 10.
- If you have not selected the correct SSID, press the left button and repeat step 8.
- Select the security settings as they appear in your NETGEAR router and press the right button.
- If you do not remember your security settings, you can log into your router to review them. Please see the following article for detailed instructions: How do I check the wireless passphrase/network key saved on my computer?
- Press the “X” button to enter the encryption key (your network password) using the PS3’s on screen keyboard.
- Note: The key field always displays eight asterisks (*), even if your password is less or more than eight characters.
- The PS3 gives you the opportunity to review your settings before saving them. If they are correct, press the “X” button.
- Once the settings have been saved, you will be given the opportunity to test your connection. Select Test Connection and press the “X” button.
- If your connection has failed, review the error message and refer to the Sony PlayStation 3 Support Site at https://support.us.playstation.com for further instructions.
Call on Netgear tech support toll free number at 1-888-479-2017 in case of any query and technical problem.