ReadyCLOUD feature is present in Netgear Nighthawk Routers which can be used to access files present in the drive which is connected to your router from anywhere in the world. All you need is a ReadyCLOUD account, internet connectivity of your router and your iOS device which you will use to access the drive.
This is a very handy feature and if you use a drive storage within your network then Netgear Tech Support suggests you to use this feature as it will let you access your files anywhere in the world securely.
This Netgear Tech Support article will guide you on how to configure your router and device for the same.
Follow steps below to configure your router and device:
- Make sure that the drive is properly connected to the router and is being detected by it.
- Go to http://readycloud.netgear.com to create a ReadyCLOUD account.
- Now open an internet browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Go to http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net or enter the IP address of the router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- Go to ADVANCED > USB Functions > ReadySHARE Storage > ReadyCLOUD.
- Enter your username and password and click on Register button. Registration completed successfully message should appear below.
- Now download the NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD application from the App store into your iOS device and login to your ReadyCLOUD account.
- Tap the Devices button on the bottom of the screen.
- List of routers registered on your account will appear. Choose the appropriate router.
- List of connected devices from the router which you have selected will appear. Selecting the storage will let you access the files stored in the drive.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Netgear Tech Support. Call on Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017.