If you see a black screen on Chromecast or you are not getting any signal when you are attempting to set up or use Chromecast device, Chromecast support experts suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting steps:
Firstly try with basic troubleshooting steps, and then go for advanced methods (if need be):
- Ensure the Chromecast is plugged using the power cord and power adapter that came with the Chromecast. It is essential for the Chromecast to be plugged in straight to a wall outlet
- If the Chromecast device is correctly plugged in, you should see the LED light on the side of the Chromecast up
- Users must make sure that their TV is switched to the same HDMI input as the Chromecast. Typically, on several remotes, this is done by the input, Source, or Menu button. You may have to go through a few inputs before finding the right one (Eg: HDMI1, HDMI2, and others)
- Despite following the above steps, if you still see a black screen, immediately reboot your Chromecast. How to Reboot?
- Unplug the power cord from the Chromecast device. Keep it unplugged for ~1 before you replugin the power cord
- It is important to note that unplugging the Chromecast from the TV’s HDMI port does not reboot the device. It must be completely disconnected from the power source for it to reboot
Even after doing what is mentioned above, if your TV screen still appears black, choose from below conditions that best matches your situation.
Black screen on Chromecast
- Black Screen + White (solid or blinking) LED light
You should try doing the following:
- Switch off your TV
- Use the HDMI extender provided with the Chromecast in a new HDMI port on the TV
- Test the Chromecast of another TV, if need be or if available
Are you still struggling with the same issue? Let Chromecast support team Icognix help you overcome this issue. Call us on toll free number at 1-888-479-2017 for professional support.
- Black Screen + Red/Orange (solid) LED light
If your experiencing this screen, do the following immediately:
- Plug the power cord that came with the Chromecast into a wall outlet and verify that the power cord and power adapter have a secure connection
- Switch off your TV
- Perform a Factory Data Reset (FDR)
- Black Screen + Red/Orange ( blinking) LED light
If you are facing this type of issue, it is good to immediately do the following:
- Power off your TV
- Use the HDMI extended that comes with the Chromecast in a new HDMI port on the TV
- Test the Chromecast on another HDMI TV
- Black Screen + No LED light
Is this your problem? See the below recommended steps by Chromecast support team:
- Make sure the outlet/USB port is functional for other devices (for example: try plugging in your phone to the outlet or USB and see if it charges)
- Try powering the Chromecast from another power source (ie. wall outlet)
- Try a different power cord (USB-to-micro-USB cable and adapter) than the one that came in the box with the Chromecast device
If none of the above steps are helping to get rid of your issue, kindly contact Chromecast tech support team on toll free number at 1-888-479-2017. You can also write to them explaining your issue in brief. Their experts will get in touch with you shortly.