McAfee is one of the most reputed antivirus brands available today. It is software that helps you detect spyware, viruses and other malware. Users these days prefer antivirus software to protect their device from harmful infections that may lead to data loss and identity theft. While it is the most trusted brand, sometimes users wants to uninstall the software. However, they find it tough to do so. Understanding this McAfee Technical Support has come up with an article that guides users to uninstall McAfee product in windows.
In our last article, we have explained the steps on how to Uninstall McAfee product in OS X. Read the below steps by McAfee Technical Support team at Icognix.net and follow the same properly for successful uninstallation.
Steps for uninstalling McAfee Products in Windows
Follow the step-on-step guidance placed by McAfee Technical Support experts below.
- Step # 1 – Open the Control Panel
- Step # 2 – Select “Programs and Features” or click the “Uninstall a program” link
- Step # 3 – Highlight McAfee Security Center and click “Uninstall”
- Step # 4 – Close all windows and restart the computer
- Step # 5 – Click Start and search for “services.msc”
- Step # 6 – Right-click on each McAfee entry and select “Properties”
- Step # 7 – Click the GENERAL tab
- Step # 8 – Click the RECOVERY tab
- Step # 9 – Reboot the computer
- Step # 10 – Remove the McAfee installation again
- Step # 11 – Download the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool
- Step # 12 – Right-click on the downloaded file and select “Run as Administrator”
- Step # 13 – Click NEXT to start the removal process
- Step # 14 – Click YES when the User Account Control (UAC) window appears
- Step # 15 – Accept the “End User License Agreement” (EULA) dialog box
- Step # 16 – Restart your computer to finish the uninstall process
In this article, we have explained the steps on how to Uninstall McAfee product in Windows. In this post our McAfee Tech Support experts attempts to list down the steps to uninstall McAfee Antivirus in OS X in detailed.
In case of any query or if the problem persists, please contact McAfee Technical Support specialists at Icognix.net. They can be reached on their technical support number at 1-888-479-2017 for help.