While antivirus is the need of the hour, sometimes due to different reasons you may have to uninstall the same. The reason may different from individual to individual.
You are here which means you want Uninstall McAfee program from your OS X. So here we go!
In this post our McAfee Tech Support experts attempts to list down the steps to
uninstall McAfee Antivirus in OS X in detailed.
Read the below article properly and follow the advised steps carefully to get the desired result.
Steps to Uninstall McAfee in OS X
McAfee Tech Support professionals present comprehensive steps to get the antivirus software out of your device.
- Step # 1- Open your Applications folder
- Step # 2 – Double-click the “McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller”
- Step # 3 – Check the “Uninstall SiteAdvisor” box
- Step # 4 – Click CONTINUE
- Step # 5 – Enter your administrator password and click OK
- Step # 6 – Click FINISH once the uninstallation is complete.
- Step # 7 – Click the “Go” menu and select “Utilities”
- Step # 8 – Open the “Terminal” program
- Step # 9 – Type the following command and press RETURN
- Step # 10 – Enter in your administrator password and press RETURN
- Step # 11 – Look for the completion message
If you are unable to uninstall the program even after following the above steps, please contact McAfee Tech Support specialists at Icognix.net. They can be reached on their McAfee technical support number at 1-888-479-2017 for immediate assistance. The help is provided via email support, call or web chat support.