Almost every one of us use antivirus to protect our computer, laptop or phone from viruses and malware. Security is the concern of every user these days; they install antivirus for better performance and complete protection from harmful elements. Out of the many brands available, Norton is considered as the good option due to its pricing and excellent Norton customer support.
May-a-times it is seen that users face problem due to this software – uninstalling a Norton product is one among those issues. One should make sure that while uninstalling the product they should completely remove it. A partially removed software may harm your system.
Listed below are the steps to uninstall a Norton product by professional Norton customer support team at Icognix.
Instructions to Uninstall Norton Antivirus
Follow the steps given by expert Norton customer support professionals.
- Click on ‘Start’> go to ‘Control Panel’
- Double click on ‘Add or Remove Programs’
- Let the window populate, locate the Norton product that you want to uninstall
- Click on the ‘Remove’ button, if you see both ‘Change’ and ‘Remove’, then choose ‘Remove’.
- If you only see ‘Change’, click on it, then click on ‘Remove All’ or ‘Remove’ whatever you see on the window
- Click on the ‘Next’ button and follow all the instructions
- When prompted for confirmation, click on ‘Yes’, ‘Remove’, or ‘OK’ whichever option appear on your screen. Continue following the instructions.
- When prompted, restart your PC to let the changes take place
- When your PC is fully rebooted, close any window that is opened on the desktop.
- Open your web browser (Internet Explorer or Mozilla etc.) and download ‘Norton Removal Tool’ from ‘us.norton.com’. Select whichever product you have and download the respective tool to remove it. Check the website thoroughly for your product.
- Remember, if it was the Norton antivirus that you uninstalled, your PC will be unprotected for time you are online and have not downloaded any protection.
- Once you have downloaded the file, click on the ‘Save’ option and save it to your preferred location viz. desktop, C: etc.
- Double click on the file icon (Norton_Removal_Tool.exe) to open the file. Run it and wait for the process to finish.
- When finished, the tool will prompt you to restart the PC. Do it to make the changes effective.
Some key points to be noted:
Norton customer support team recommends additional points that one must take note of carefully.
- For uninstalling a Norton product user may need the Norton product key. So, keep it handy
- User must log in as an administrator to uninstall the Norton product. In case if you are logged in, your deinstallation process may not be successful.
You can also read the steps of “How to install Norton Antivirus Software“
In case of any problem during the above process, contact Norton customer support team at Icognix on their Norton technical support toll free number at 1-888-479-2017. You may also write to them on firstname.lastname@example.org