In this article Kaspersky Technical Support explains you the steps to install and remove Kaspersky Virus Scanner Pro for Mac and what is the system requirement for installation. Read on to know more about this software.
Before we get into understanding the procedure, let us first understand about this software and its main features.
Kaspersky Virus Scanner Pro for Mac has been released on November 9, 2015. Full version number is 18.104.22.168.
o Scan for viruses, worms, Trojans, bots, botnets, spyware, and adware and various malware identified by threat signatures (antivirus databases that contain descriptions of known threats and methods of disinfection).
o Heuristic analysis which detects objects that may be infected by an unknown virus or a new modification of a known virus. Files detected by the heuristic analysis are identified as suspicious.
o In some cases scanned files can appear in the Safe Downloads report and the Custom Scan report multiple times.
Downloading & Installing:
- Make sure your computer meets system requirements.
- Click the AppStore and wait until the application opens.
- Find Kaspersky Virus Scanner for Mac in AppStore and buy it. Installation will start automatically: the Kaspersky Virus Scanner for Mac icon will appear in Dock. The process of download and installation will be shown there as well.
- When the installation is completed, run the application by clicking the Kaspersky Virus Scanner icon.
By default, Kaspersky Virus Scanner is installed into the folder Macintosh HD -> Applications.
Removing Kaspersky Virus Scanner Pro for Mac:
- Click the application icon (in Dock or in the Mac OS menu bar) and select Finish in the shortcut menu.
- Find Kaspersky Virus Scanner for Mac in the folder Macintosh HD -> Applications.
- Drag Kaspersky Virus Scanner for Mac to Trash.
System Requirements for Kaspersky Virus Scanner Pro for Mac:
Kaspersky Antivirus Support suggests you below requirements to install this software.
- Apple Macintosh computer with the Intel-based processor
- 400 MB available disk space
- Internet connection
- Pointing device
- Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
o 512 MB available RAM
In case of any problem while following the above process, contact Kaspersky Technical Support on toll free number at 1-888-479-2017.