Install Mcafee Antivirus
McAfee Antivirus takes care of user’s online security needs. It protects them from identity theft by blocking online threats like viruses, Trojans, malware and worms. While McAfee is one of the finest antivirus packages available in the market, users often find themselves in trouble when it comes to installing it. If you too are facing the same issue, this article is for you!
Ways to install McAfee Antivirus
Users can install McAfee antivirus in two ways:
- Using the software CD
- By downloading the setup file from the internet
If you choose to install using CD read the below installation procedure recommended by McAfee antivirus customer support company carefully.
*Note: Before starting the installation process, make sure you keep the McAfee antivirus software manual handy as it contains the product key printed on it. Without the key the installation won’t happen.
To ensure your McAfee installs properly, do a few more things properly before you actually start with the installation process.
- Keep the product key handy
- In case you have other antivirus already installed in your system, remove it completely before you install McAfee antivirus software. This is because two antivirus packages in the same computer may conflict with each other, resulting in no protection.
- Once you are done with the above process, follow the McAfee antivirus software procedure below.
- Insert the McAfee setup disk into the CD drive of your computer
- Wait for the automatic prompt
- The McAfee Security Setup window will appear
- To proceed, hit the NEXT button
- If no automatic pop up appears, click on the START menu and go to MY COMPUTER
- Double-click on the removable CD drive icon like E or D
- It will pop up the McAfee setup disk
- Hit the Next button on the McAfee Setup window
- Click to accept the license agreement and hit the OK or Next (whichever you see there) button to proceed to next screen
- It will prompt to select the installation type, select Custom or Typical
- If you any other option, click it and hit the Next button
- It might prompt, select the protection level and hit NEXT. If not prompted, follow the on-screen instructions and hit Next
- In case you need the latest malware and virus update to be downloaded, click on UPDATE NOW button.
- Once you click on update now, it will check for updates, download and install them automatically and end the procedure.
- Once done, reboot your computer
In case of any issue during McAfee antivirus software installation, contact McAfee antivirus customer support immediately. Icognix.net is the ace tech support and networking solution provider that offers 24×7 McAfee antivirus customer support and tech assistance to router and network related issues. You may contact them on 1-888-479-2017 (Toll Free).