Did you know you can now play music from your external USB hard drive using your iOS device. That’s really good. But do you know the tips to use iOS Remote App to enable the iTunes server feature on a Nighthawk router? If you just said NO, we will help you here.
Our Netgear tech support experts will help you with the proper guide to use it. Read on.
To enable iTunes Server using the iOS Remote app:
- Transfer your music files to your external USB hard drive.
- Connect your external USB hard drive to your Nighthawk router.
- Wait for the USB LED on the router to turn on.
- Connect your iOS device to your wireless network.
- Launch the Remote app.
- Note: The Remote app is available from the Apple App Store.
- Tap Add a Device
- Get the 4-digit passcode
- On your computer, open an internet browser such as Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome
- Type http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net in the address bar
- Enter the default username: admin and the default password: password
- NETGEAR genie displays. Click ADVANCED > USB Functions > ReadySHARE Storage
- Click Media Server and select Enable iTunes Server (Music Only)
- Enter the 4-digit passcode you acquired from the Remote app earlier and click Allow Control
- Click Apply to save the settings
- You can now play songs saved on your external USB hard drive from the Remote app
Your Nighthawk router is now an iTunes Server.
If you have any query related to “Setting Up FTP Server on your Netgear Nighthawk Router” This Netgear Tech Support article will guide you on how to setup FTP server on your Netgear Nighthawk Routers. Or else contact Netgear tech support experts on toll free number at 1-888-479-2017. The professionals can also be contacted using web chat or email support. They are available 24×7 for your assistance. In case of any query related to your any Netgear product contact the experts now!