There may be times when you may restore your router to factory default settings to troubleshoot some issue and after restoring your router, all your settings have to be changed again according to your network to use the router again which can be a time taking thing to do. Why waste time when you can just backup your current router configuration and restore the configuration from this backup file you just created?. This Artice Guide For Backup and restore settings of Netgear router In Easier Way.
This feature is very handy and Netgear Technical Support suggests you to use this feature and keep a backup of your router’s configuration as it can save you a lot of work and time. After backing up your configuration, a file is created which you can keep in your computer or wherever you want. This file then can be used whenever you want to restore your router’s configuration.
To backup the current router’s configuration, follow these steps:
- Connect the router to the computer and launch a web browser.
- Go to http://www.routerlogin.com or enter the IP address of your router. The default IP address can be found on the label on the router.
- Enter the username and password when prompted. Default username and password can be found on the label on the router.
- Now go to Maintenance > Backup Settings.
- Click on the Backup button to backup the current settings.
- Now select the location on your computer where you want the backup file to get saved.
- This file now can be used anytime to restore the router to the configuration you have backed up.
- To restore the router’s configuration from a previously created backup, follow these steps:
- Click on the Browse button and open the configuration file from which you want to restore your router’s configuration.
- Now click on Restore to restore your router’s configuration.
As you can see, the process is simple and easy and it can save you from a lot of work. Netgear support recommends keeping a backup configuration file for your router all the time.
If are facing any issues about Backup and restore settings of Netgear router, please contact to Netgear Technical Support. Call on Netgear tech support toll free number at +1 888 808 1303.
Tags – Buffalo Support, Buffalo Technical Support, Netgear Support, Netgear Technical Support, Netgear Extender Support, Belkin Support, Belkin Router Support, Belkin Technical Support, Linksys Support, Linksys Technical Support