You can create a back-up file of the configuration of the router which can be used anytime you want to restore the router to those settings. Belkin Tech Support recommends to make a back-up file for your router after you have configured your router successfully. This will help you to configure your router in seconds again if something goes wrong with your router or you have changed settings to troubleshoot an issue for example. This saves a lot of time and is very convenient.
This Belkin Tech Support article will guide you on how to use back-up and restore feature.
Follow steps below to create a back-up file for your router:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Go to http://router or enter the IP address of the router. the default IP address is 192.168.2.1.
- Enter the username and password when prompted to access the web-based setup page. Default password is blank. Leave the password field blank and click on Submit button.
- Go to Utilities > Save/Backup Settings and click on create backup button to create a backup of the router’s present configuration. You can save this file in your computer or anywhere as you like for the later use.
To restore from the back-up which you have previously created, follow steps below:
- Go to Utilities > Restore Previous Settings.
- Click on Browse button and select the back-up file on your computer and click on Open button.
- Now click on Restore button to restore the router.
- Router will then be restored to previous settings.
If you are facing some issues, try to do a firmware upgrade which may eliminate this bug.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Belkin Tech Support. Call on Belkin Tech Support toll-free number at 1-888-479-2017